CARE is looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Somaliland Head of Office based in Hargeisa.
Reporting to the Program Support Coordinator, The Head of Office will be the Program Support regional team leader in Somaliland and is responsible for ensuring that projects within the sub-office (Hargeisa, Erigavo and Burao ), receive effective support services that include: representation, security, human resources, administration and logistics, finance, and procurement.
He/She shall ensure that CARE program in Somaliland is in compliance with CARE USA and Donors’ rules and regulations in Program support areas
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience working in conflict/post conflict context, with preferred work experience in Somalia and particularly in Somaliland.
- Strong logistics, procurement and budget management experience, with responsibility for administration and project management.
- An ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings such as staff meetings, donor negotiations, discussions with government and other partners.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with little direct supervision.
- A willingness and ability to lead, coach, mentor and promote the development of staff
- Team player, who is able to develop strong collaborative relations across the organization, in both the program and program support departments
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong management and administrative skills
To the successful candidate, CARE will offer a competitive remuneration package, a highly energized team environment composed of individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match with the required profile, please send your Application clearly marked “Head of Office” and CV with daytime telephone and addresses of at least three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th October 2012.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.-->