Building resilience to water stress in Somaliland: Preparation of water resources management and investment plan project
2. The principal objective of the project is to improve water resources management and catalyse water sector investments in Somaliland. Specifically the project will prepare an Integrated Water Resources Management Plan; bankable investment projects and programmes for funding and undertake implementation of priority rehabilitation works to provide relief from drought impacts and build implementation capacity. A consultancy firm will be recruited to undertake the technical studies and preparation of the water resources management and investment plan and implement the priority rehabilitation works through competitive procurement process.
3. The project has a number of activities which are grouped into five components:
Component 1- Preparation of an Integrated Water Resources Management Plan
Component 2 - Preparation of Investment Plans
Component 3: Design and Implementation of Priority Rehabilitation Works
Component 4: Provision of Sector Support and Capacity Building
Component 5: Project Management
4. Procurement of Works, Goods and Services necessary for the execution of the Project shall be undertaken by the African Water Facility, using the AFDB’s Rules of Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works and the Rules of Procedure for the Procurement of Consultants, both issued in May 2008 and revised in July 2012. The bidding documents are expected to be available in August 2015
5. The procurement arrangements are summarized as follows:
Civil works contract, which will cover rehabilitation of water storage and related works will be procured through National Competitive Bidding (NCB).
Consultancy Services shall be procured through Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
6. Interested bidders may obtain further information, and should confirm their interest, by
contacting the Executing Agency:
Coordinator of the African Water Facility
African Development Bank
Immeuble du Centre Commercial d'Abidjan (CCIA),
Avenue Jean Paul II, BP 1387 Abidjan 01, Côte d'Ivoire,