(Medeshi)- The Expropriation of Land Ordinance.
NOTICE OF INTENDED ACQUISITION OF
The following document published by Somaliland Protectorate Gazette shows the land acquisition for the construction of Dayaha Boarding school in July 1958. This was part of the expansion of the Intermediate schools that started in the mid-1950s through to the very early 1960s. There were only 2 Intermediate schools in 1953 at Sheikh & Amoud according to Ibrahim Hashi Jama of Somalilandlaw.com
The school is currently closed after the civil war in the early 1990s and is left for the wild birds and livestock to shelter.
Dayaha Intermediate school was built by the British in the colonial era, and is the alma mater of most educated middle aged Sanaagers. The school has been extensively looted, partially demolished and is currently being used as a shelter for livestock by pastoralists. Students now have to travel a long distance on the rough Garadag road in order to attend higher education in Hargeisa.