(Medeshi) Hargeisa , Somaliland - President Silanyo appointed today new ministers for the posts left vacant by a number of ministers who resigned yesterday.
The ministers who were all from the ruling party resigned in revolt yesterday accusing the president of siding with the chairman of Kulmiye party. Some of the ministers that resigned were in competition with the chair of Kulmiye party for the candidacy of the presidential post in the coming elections that are slated for April 2017.
The list of the new ministers is as follows:
1. Mahamoud Hashi Abdi was appointed Minister of the Presidency (previously Minister of Civil Aviation).
2. Ali Hassan Mohamed (Ali Marehan) was appointed Minister of Public Works, Housing and Transport (formerly an MP).
3. Ali Mahamoud Ahmed (Ali Sandulle) was appointed Minister of Labour and Social Affairs (formerly Minister of Eastern Affairs).
4. Ali Hussein Ismail Jirde (Ali Shoombe) was appointed Minister of National Planning and Development (formerly Somaliland Ambassador to Kenya).
5. Dr. Saad Ali Shire, was appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Somaliland (formerly Minister of Planning).
6. Osman Abdillahi Sahardid (Adani), was appointed Minister of Civil Aviation (formerly State Minister of Finance).
7. Hussein Aden Ige (Deyr) was appointed government spokesperson.